Favorite Sports at NYC Museum School

Mr. Roukis with his good luck baseball.

Hannah Brown, Sports Writer

What’s your favorite sport?  Teachers and students at NYC Museum School shared some of theirs.

Jia Lee, a junior, said “I do not have a favorite sport, but if I had to play one it would be Badminton.” She explained, “[it] doesn’t require much physical strength.” This shows that some people might like sports that require the least effort. Sophomore Sydney Butscher said, “I do not like sports,” But she added, “Skiing is my favorite because I always skied when I was young.”

Mr. Roukis, the Senior English teacher said, “Baseball, Mets.” He chose this sport because he “grew up watching it,” it’s “accessible” and one his “first loves.” It’s obvious that Mr. Roukis feels a particular connection to baseball and that connection makes it his favorite.

Amya Hyde loves volleyball.

Junior Amya Hyde said, “Volleyball because of Haikyuu.”  Haikyuu is an anime about playing volleyball. Some people’s favorite sports can be based on things they watch that they find exciting.  Aoife Moriarty, a freshman, also said volleyball; their reason was different, however. They said, “ I played it for a long time…it is pretty simple and you do not need many things to play it.” 

Overall, people can have different favorite sports for many different reasons. Also, each person’s connection and reason why they like a sport is unique and personal. In the end, people in the Museum school have many different favorite sports and for diverse reasons.